Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Our God is a Speaking God

God has chosen to self disclose Himself to us through His Word. Francis Schaeffer, referring to God, wrote, "He is there, and He is not silent." God spoke and the entire universe was born out of nothing. The Bible tells us again and again that God spoke to His people. He spoke to Adam, Abraham, Moses, the prophets, etc. When Jesus came into the world, He was called the Word. How appropriate for God's revelation in the flesh--the living Word. "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God...And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and TRUTH (John 1:1,14). When you open your Bible, you are hearing the God of the universe speak to YOU. And what He says is absolute truth. What are some apsects of God's nature we discover in His Word?

3 comments:

Maggie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Maggie said...

I was recently reading in my quiet times, and I was thinking about how like God, the creator of the universe created me! He speaks to me! He helps me! He walks with me!!! I was just praying that God would really help me be AMAZED at that. And when taking a walk and talking to God, looking at the things he created for us, it's amazing to think that that SAME God is who I was talking to at that moment....anyway, those are my thoughts...
-Maggs

Sarahbelle said...

It is amazing to think that the God who made everything would actually die on our behalf!!! What Amazing Grace.....God not only created us but saved us...I know that I don't think about that all the time but it is so enriching to think about and to meditate on...What a God we have!!!! I can't wait to hear more of the Gospel while at Y.A 07 and the event is so close I can't wait to see what God is going to do.....May God be GLORIFIED!:)
~Sarahbelle